Bitte geben Sie einen Ort (oder Postleitzahl) an, in dem Sie die Leistung suchen.
Crediting and recognition of periods of study and academic achievements Decision
The decision about your renditionable study periods and achievements is usually made by the examination committee of your degree programme.
Your responsible authority
Forms: Application form
Online procedure possible: partly
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance necessary: no
Your passed and failed study and examination achievements at the previous university as well as study periods will be credited to your newly selected course of study if equivalence exists.
When crediting and recognition, the equivalence of your study periods and academic achievements achieved so far is checked.
In this context, the following are mainly compared:
- Content / Learning Outcomes / Quality
- Level (e.B. Bachelor, Master)
- Workload or presentation of workload (ECTS credits)
If equivalence is established, recognition shall be given. Recognitions of non-university competences can be carried out with a share of up to 50% of the achievements to be acquired. In the case of successful recognition, this time or service does not have to be provided again. The corresponding examination does not have to be taken (not even for reasons of grade improvement).
If you change your university at the new university, inquire about the respective formalities.
Application or enrolment as a student or admission as a second student
depending on the respective university, for example:
- Lecture contents (subject contents) or module descriptions
- Number of semester hours per week
- current performance overview or certificate or proof of courses attended but not yet evaluated
- Declaration of harmlessness of the previous university
You can apply for the crediting and recognition of periods of study and academic achievements in writing using the form of the respective university:
- Download the form online and print it out.
- Fill out the form and add the necessary proofs.
- Submit the application documents to the appropriate university.
- The university or the examination board checks the equivalence of previous academic achievements.
- You will then receive the letter of recognition in writing or, if necessary, information about the rejection of your application.
maximum 3 months
The application should be submitted no later than 4 weeks after application, enrolment, re-registration, start of lectures or admission as a second listener.
the respective university
for degrees with state examination:
the State Examination Office
§ 24 Brandenburg Higher Education Act (BbgHG)
Study and examination regulations of the respective university
- You should inform yourself in advance about the specific requirements at the respective university or faculty.
- Prior information from university lecturers or lecturers is not legally binding.
- University of Potsdam
- European University Viadrina
- BTU Cottbus
- Film University Babelsberg
- University of Applied Sciences Potsdam
- Brandenburg University of Technology (THB)
- Technical University of Wildau
- Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development (HNEE)
- University of Potsdam
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg