Bitte geben Sie einen Ort (oder Postleitzahl) an, in dem Sie die Leistung suchen.
Library card issue for minors
A library card for minors is available immediately after registration in a library.
Your responsible authority
Forms: Registration form
Online procedure possible: partial
Written form required: partial
Personal appearance necessary: partial
If you have registered in a library, you will immediately receive a library card for minors in person or sent by post. The card enables children and young people to borrow or order books or media in a library and to make use of any other library services. For each loan, the ID card must be presented.
Note: The validity of the library card is limited in time (e.B 12 months), so you must apply for an extension if necessary.
Minority within the meaning of the legislation
- valid identity card or passport with current registration certificate from the responsible residents' registration office or other official identity card with indication of residence
- Declaration of consent of a parent or guardian
"Usage fee for 12 months: EUR 0.00 – 6.00"
"Issue a replacement CARD: EUR 2.50 – 5.50"
A library card for minors is available after prior registration:
- Submit the application documents to the library.
- Pay the usage fee.
- You will then receive the library card immediately on site or by post within a few days.
- personally on site: about 15 minutes
- by post: maximum 10 days
the respective library
Fee schedule of the respective library
- Children can usually receive their own library card from the beginning of school (school enrolment).
- Loss of identification or changes in personal data must be reported immediately to the library.
- The card remains the property of the library and is not transferable to other persons.
Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the State of Brandenburg