Bitte geben Sie einen Ort (oder Postleitzahl) an, in dem Sie die Leistung suchen.
Exemption from compulsory insurance in the case of marginal employment
Anyone who has a marginal job and earns less than 450 euros is not subject to health insurance.
Your responsible authority
If you are in a low-paid job (450-euro job/mini-job), you are exempt from insurance in this employment. You then do not have to pay any contributions for these.
You must arrange your health insurance elsewhere.
- family insurance through the spouse or parents
- Mini-job as a side job: health insurance runs through full-time work
- Mini-job for recipients of unemployment benefit II: the Employment Agency may take over health insurance
The exemption from compulsory health insurance exists only as long as the reason for the exemption lasts.
- Your employer registers you after clarification of the insurance facts.
- Your health insurance company will answer any questions you may have.
- Legal basis
Further information can be obtained from
- Your health insurance company
- of the Minijobzentrale
Lower Saxony Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Gender Equality