Bitte geben Sie einen Ort (oder Postleitzahl) an, in dem Sie die Leistung suchen.
Apply for a placement budget at the job centre
If you are looking for or taking up a new job or apprenticeship, you can, for example, have your expenses for application documents or for the trip to an interview reimbursed by your job center.
Your responsible authority
Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: No
The funding from the placement budget is intended to support you in looking for and taking up a new job or in-company or school training. The job centre can support you financially, for example by incurring costs for your
- trips or trips to job interviews,
- required documents (e.g. certified copies, translations) or
- Moving costs (if you need to move for the new job).
can be taken over.
Which costs can be covered will be checked and decided by your integration specialist on your request / application before the expected costs arise.
You can receive the funding if you receive benefits of the basic security according to SGB II and either one of the above-mentioned possibilities or the admission of a school education.
You can also receive the funding if you are seeking or starting employment subject to compulsory insurance in a Member State of the European Union (EU), a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or in Switzerland. The prerequisite is that you work at least 15 hours per week.
You cannot receive funding from the placement budget if:
- the employer provides similar services,
- other public bodies are legally obliged to pay similar services, or
- Applications will not be sent by you.
Please note that you have no legal entitlement to funding from the placement budget. Whether and to what extent you receive financial support is decided by your job center. You will also need to provide proof of your expenses.
- You are threatened with unemployment or unemployed and want to take up employment subject to compulsory insurance.
- You are looking for in-company or school training.
- Funding from the placement budget must be applied for before the costs are incurred.
Depending on the support you have applied for, you will need to provide supporting documents. Your integration specialist will inform you which documents must be attached to the application.
An application for funding from the placement budget must be submitted in writing to the job centre responsible for you.
- Make an appointment with your integration specialist at the job centre.
- In conversation with you, it will then be discussed whether funding from the placement budget is possible and which support services can be offered.
- You will receive the corresponding application documents from your integration specialist.
- Fill out the documents, attach the required evidence or supporting documents and send the documents back to the job centre.
- Please note that you must apply for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget before incurring any costs.
- You will receive a written notification as to whether the costs will be covered. In the application form, you can tick if you wish to waive a decision as long as your application is fully complied with.
- The refundable costs will be transferred to the account you have specified.
There is no deadline. An application for funding and reimbursement from the placement budget must be submitted before costs are incurred.
- Legal basis
- More information
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)