Bitte geben Sie einen Ort (oder Postleitzahl) an, in dem Sie die Leistung suchen.
Adoption of a German child
Was your child born in Germany and did you adopt it domestically? After completion of the adoption procedure before the family court, the notarization in the birth register takes...
Your responsible authority
Was your child born in Germany and did you adopt it domestically? After completion of the adoption procedure before the family court, the notarization in the birth register takes place automatically.
Please contact your local adoption agency.
Note: You can apply for new birth certificates or new certified printouts from the birth register. If you have adopted your child abroad, you must apply for notarization in Germany. Detailed information can be found in the procedure description "Adoption of a foreign child".
See Recommendations on Adoption Placement, as amended, BAGLJÄ
- Health (good physical, mental and emotional condition)
- no criminal record endangering the well-being of the child
- stable partnership
- supporting network/ social environment
- secure economic conditions
- Life satisfaction/reflected personality
- Application, questionnaire of the adoption agency,
- Photos of the applicants,
- Police clearance certificate,
- birth certificate (certified copy),
- Marriage certificate and, if applicable, divorce certificate,
- Medical certificate from the family doctor or medical officer (if necessary, additionally a specialist opinion),
- Proof of earnings and assets
The procedure is free of charge.
Fees and expenses arise when applying for documents such as the certificate of good conduct.
The family court that issued the adoption sends its decision to the registry office of the place of birth of your adopted child.
The registrar completes the birth register and forwards the information to the following registry offices:
- the registry office that keeps the birth records for the child's biological parents
- the registry office, which keeps the birth records for the adotetive parents
- the registry office that keeps the marriage registration for the child if the name of the child has changed
Note: The same procedure is followed if a German family court converts a foreign adoption from a weak to a strong adoption. Detailed information can be found in the procedure description "Adoption of a foreign child - conversion of a weak into a strong adoption apply".
The birth register contains data on both the biological and adoptive parents. For example, it can not come to a marriage with siblings. A birth certificate, on the other hand, only proves the current conditions.
In most cases, the registry office needs 1 to 2 days after receipt of the adoption decision for notarization.
The registry office of the place of birth of your adopted child
Locally responsible adoption agency
Responsible Central Adoption Office
Recognised foreign placement office in independent sponsorship
AdVermiG, BGB, FamFG, EGBG, GG
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport